Saturday, February 28, 2009

New man on campus

I was leaving my earth systems class early Tuesday Morning when I saw a many black suburbans and a mob of people in front of Fondren Life and Science Building. I immediately knew it was George Bush. I had so many thoughts running through my head on whether or not I should go speak to. I thought about if I was dressed properly, what I would say and how I would react in general. I decided that it was just not the day for me and I continued to walk to my next class. Later, I heard about how he had come to speak to a political science class and answered any questions that students had for him.
I thought this was so cool. How many college campuses have a presidential library, let alone a president walking around their campus speaking to students? Politics aside, I think that we are so lucky to have this opportunity, it’s an honor.
I am also sure that it must have been so refreshing for President Bush to have all those students around him telling him how much that they appreciate him. Especially after all of the bad press that he gets and the polls of how the youth doesn’t particularly like him. I hope that I will get to see him around campus again soon and this time be brave enough to go and speak to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment